Kindergarten to year six
Farrer Primary School implements the Australian Curriculum. The Australian Curriculum sets consistent national standards to improve learning outcomes for all young Australians. It sets out, through achievement standards and content descriptions, what students should be taught and achieve as they progress through school. It is the base for future learning, growth and active participation in the Australian community. For more information the Australian Curriculum go to: http://v75.australiancurriculum.edu.au/?dnsi=1 Farrer Primary teachers have used the Australian Curriculum to develop scope and sequence maps for all curriculum areas for K-6.
The areas of learning covered through the Australian Curriculum are:
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- The Arts
- Health and Physical Education
- Language: Japanese
Preschool to year two
The Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) underpins learning programs in our preschool and also informs programs up to year two. The EYLF can be located at https://www.education.gov.au/early-years-learning-framework-0
The learning outcomes covered through the Early Years Learning Framework are:
- Children have a strong sense of identity
- Children are connected with and contribute to their world
- Children have a strong sense of wellbeing
- Children are confident and involved learners
- Children are effective communicators.